Sunday, October 10, 2010
To Hell and Back--May I Help you Please?
Hurt can fracture your life if you let it. But life will goon if you refuse to die. I know! I spent time this afternoon with someone whose heart had been shredded by someone she had trusted. Someone whom she loved but who would not commit to loving her. She wanted to die last Friday. Today she is still in pain, but her face is more relaxed and I sense that she is healing. She now speaks of her past lover as someone who is indeed past. Good sign. What shall I say about myself? I could say the same things and I could say them several times.The question I ask myself is this: Why do I keep doing it? Do I have such a low value of my own worth that I continually feed myself to the sharks? Are we (people who do this) somehow attracted to dangerous flirtation with frivolous non-commitment? It is almost as if we need to become our own psychotherapists! Maybe we ought to team together and hold each other accountable. Would it even help? I ask this question because I just unloaded a truckload of advice that I myself should have taken seriously months ago. But now my friend got the truckload and I hope it helped. Will it? I doubt it. You gotta go through hell sometimes to know what to stay away from. Some of us are just not all that street smart! Change is hard but the hard part is not so much the pain from making mistakes as the willingness to do something differently...Will we EVER learn?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment